Help Roma people
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
The Spanish Unión Romaní was founded in 1986 and is made up of the Federation of around one hundred local associations of Roma throughout the entire country. It is a non-profit non-governmental organization, wich aims at defending the rights of the Roma Community. It carries out its activities throughout Spain and also cooperates with the International Union Romani, for the recognition of the culture of Roma People as an asset within the global culture.
Union Romani currently develops:
1.different education programs addressed to more than 2000 beneficiaries, distributed around 35 centers of primary and secondary school education as well as adult educational centers at national level.
2. Promotes social and cultural Roma Community with the goal of eliminating every form of discrimination.
3. Fostering of international relationships with Roma Associations trough the exchange of experiences and projects.
4. Elimination of all forms of racism or discrimination.
5. Legal consulting available from a team of legal experts.
6. Addressing the specific needs of Roma population in social exclusion, in terms of education, employment, vocational training, social integration, housing, participation in society, health, women participation and empowerment.
7. Training on Roma culture, situation, history and other related issues to professionals.
Unión Romaní searchs organisations who works with Roma people, on the fields of education, gender programs, rights protection projects, fight against racism and discrimination and promotes the lifelong learning of Roma People trough digital literacy.
Union Romani has actually more than 15 national and regional projects on education, job opportunities, gender mainstreaming and digital literacy for young Roma people and Roma women for regional and national Public Government.
We were coordinators on European Projects about youthness discrimination and education for the EACEA ( Lifelong Learning, Erasmus +) and for DG Justice.
|INSTITUTION||Unión Romaní - AS A PARTNER|
|TYPE OF INSTITUTION||Other|
|CONTACT NAME||Unión Romaní|
|NAME OF THE PROGRAMME||Europe for Citizens / Civil society projects|
|PROJECT TOPIC||Help Roma people|
|WORKING LANGUAGE||EN, ES|