‘INVOLVING SOCIETY IN PRESERVING CULTURAL HERITAGE FOR SMART DEVELOPMENT IN EUROPEAN REGIONS’
ABOUT THE ORGANISATION:
Preili County Council is a local municipality located in the South-East part of Latvia - Latgale region, not far from border with Lithuania, Belarus and Russia. Preili city founded in 1928, but the Preili County - in 2000. County includes Preili city and 4 rural municipalities – Aizkalne, Peleci, Preili un and Sauna. The area of Preili County is 364,41 km2, about 10 thousand people are living in this territory.
The smart and sustainable principles of territory development are included in the “Preili County Development Programme 2018-2024”, there are 3 main long-term goals:
1) Environmental quality of life and human resource development (education, culture, health care, social assistance, social services and recreational services) and preservation of cultural heritage;
2) infrastructure development and availability / accessibility;
3) environmentally friendly business and economy development, and employment promotion, innovation support.
Website of the organisation:
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
The main goal is to exchange the experience with municipalities/ organisations of other countries to preserve Cultural Heritage based on society information and activation
- to create the network of territories/ towns in preservation of Cultural Heritage in local municipalities,
- to develop methods of public information and involvement in Cultural Heritage processes,
- to raise the activity of population to discuss smart future of Europe,
- to see the examples of good practice in European regions,
- to get to know examples of municipal cooperation with entrepreneurs, private public partnership as a tool to preserve and to develop objects,
We would like to find partners related to issues of Cultural Heritage in local municipalities, town parks and landscapes as a value of Europe, included different aspects – information and activation of local people, methods of preservation, collaboration with entrepreneurs etc.
Each partner is invited to formulate 1-2 concrete aspects related to these questions based on their experience.
|INSTITUTION||Preili County Council|
|TYPE OF INSTITUTION||Other|
|CONTACT NAME||Elita Jermolajeva|
|NAME OF THE PROGRAMME||Europe for Citizens / Networks of towns|
|PROJECT TOPIC||‘INVOLVING SOCIETY IN PRESERVING CULTURAL HERITAGE FOR SMART DEVELOPMENT IN EUROPEAN REGIONS’|
|WORKING LANGUAGE||EN, other|