Social Sustainability of the European Rural TerritoriesGeneral Objective:
The Project aims to create a Space (Community) of Cooperation for the Social Sustainability of the European Rural Territories, in order to improve the conditions for Citizens' Partecipation in Rural Areas, promoting Social Commitment Actions that encourage the socio-economic development in the small municipalities of the European Union and combat aging and depopulation, throught solutions and opportunities offered by associationism and cooperativism, as assets of the EU sustainable rural development.
1) To analyze the new ruralities, approaches and experiences that challenge the demographic contraction of the European Rural Territories and that can provide innovative solutions for a Sustainable Rural Development;
2) To identify and promote the opportunities offered by associationism and cooperativism for the labour occupation og the groups of vulnerable people in Rural Europe, encouraging social commitment, volunteering and solidarity among European Rural Citizens;
3) To boost the equal opportunities and the creation of new jobs and new opportunities for the rural population (especially for women, young people, people over 55 years old, etc.), appealing to the cooperative principles;
4) To raise awareness among European Citizens in general and youth in particular about the importance of the rural areas and its current challenges in terms of depopulation and aging
5) To promote the European Citizenship and to improve the conditions for the EU Rural Population by encouraging Citizens’ Debate on the Future of the European Rural Territories and Active Participation in the search for Solutions that ensure the Rural Development Sustainability.
|INSTITUTION||European Laboratory on Training, Education and Citizenship (EuLabTEC)|
|TYPE OF INSTITUTION||Non-profit association|
|CONTACT NAME||Luigi Antonio Dell'Aquila|
|NAME OF THE PROGRAMME||Europe for Citizens / Civil society projects|
|PROJECT TOPIC||Social Sustainability of the European Rural Territories|
|WORKING LANGUAGE||EN, IT|