Regional Cooperation in Higher Education: Hungary and the Western Balkans ok
10-11 March, 2015
University of Szeged
Tempus Public Foundation (Erasmus+ National Agency, Hungary) cordially invites you to the conference Regional Cooperation in Higher Education: Hungary and the Western Balkans.
Venue: University of Szeged, Rector’s Office building, Díszterem (Ceremony Hall), Dugonics square 13, Szeged, Hungary
Objectives of the conference:
- presenting the current situation and future perspectives of cooperation between Hungary and the Western Balkans in the context of the European Higher Eduction Area,
- discussing higher eduation policy issues,
- seeking better understanding of characteristics, priorities and expectations of the countries of the region,
- presenting good practices from the field of mobility and cooperation projects,
- providing assistance for successful exploitation of European funds (especially the Erasmus+ programme),
- providing opportunities for partner search for higher education institutions from the region.
Teaching and administrative staff, leaders of higher education institutions and experts are welcome.
The language of the conference is English (without interpretation).
Participation in the conference is free. Moreover, Tempus Public Foundation is offering in a limited amount free accommodation for participants on a first come, first served basis.
For more information, please contact: Áron Szilágyi, firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking forward to seeing you in Szeged.
The project is supported by the European Union and co-financed by the European Social Found.
12.30 – 13.00 Registration and welcome coffee
Plenary session 1
Chair: Prof. Dr. Attila Borbély, co-president, Committe on International Affairs, Hungarian Rectors' Conference
13.00 – 13.45 Opening speeches
- Prof Dr. Katalin Nagy, Executive Director for Foreign Affairs, University of Szeged
- Mr. Kolos Gálffy, Head of Department for Bilateral Relations, Ministry of Human Capacities, Hungary
- Ms. Marija Filipović-Ožegović, Director, National Erasmus+ Office, Serbia
- Mr. Péter Tordai, director, Tempus Public Foundation
14.35 – 14.50 Presentation of the results of the University of Szeged in the field of cooperation with Western Balkans (Prof. Dr. Katalin Nagy, Executive Director for Foreign Affairs, University of Szeged)
14.50 – 15.15 Coffee break (ground floor, aula)
15.15 – 16.30 Round table discussion with the participation of the Ministries of Education from the Western Balkans and Hungary. Moderator: Peter Tordai, director, Tempus Public Foundation.
17.00 – 19.00 Marketplace (Room 5, Ground floor)
20.00 – 22.00 Dinner (Art Hotel)
8.00 – 8.45 Tour of the József Attila Study and Information Centre and the Klebelsberg Libary (optional)
The József Attila Study and Information Centre (TIK) was founded in 2004 by the University of Szeged and the local government of the city of Szeged. The building of the TIK takes pride in providing a perfect venue for events of high standard such as exhibitions, scientific conferences, business meetings and presentations
The Klebelsberg Libary is located in the József Attila Study and Information Centre, and integrates the books, documents and services of almost all the faculties of the University. Visitors can find more than 300 000 books and journals on the shelves of the 5 specialised reading rooms. On two floors nearly 300 computers help individual and group studies; and provide access to 17 000 Hungarian and foreign periodicals. The Library is among the „20 Most Majestic Libraries in the World” in 2015.
9.00 – 10.45 Plenary session 2, Good practices, cooperation projects
9.00 – 9.30 Results of the Tempus Programme and Erasmus Mundus programmes, expectations from the Erasmus+ programme – from the point of view of the partner countries (Ms. Marija Filipović-Ožegović, Director, National Erasmus+ Office, Serbia)
10.00 – 10.30 The CEEPUS programme: catalysator of regional cooperation: Agriculture and Environment in the 21st Century – CEEPUS network coordinated by Szent István University (Ms. Dragana Krajinović, M.Sc., University of Novi Sad - Ms. Ivana Prosinecki, University of Zagreb)
10.30 – 10.45 Q&A
10.45 – 11.15 Coffee break (ground floor, aula)
11.15 – 12.30 Plenary session 3. Presentations of the HE systems, current challenges and good practices from WB countries (15 minutes each)
11.15 – 11.30 Bosnia and Herzegovina (Dr. Ešref Kenan Rašidagić, Head of Department of International Relations, International Burch University)
12.15 – 12.30 Q&A
12.30 – 13.30 Lunch (ground floor, aula)
13.30 – 15.30 Learning Tables
- a) Joint curriculum development
- b) International mobility of students and staff
- c) Management of joint degree programmes
- d) Project planning, setting up a consortium
Coffee & refreshments are available continuously
15.30 – 16.00 Feedback from learning tables, closing up
Last modified: 17-03-2015
Please complete the required fields.